Raspberry & Almond Tea Cake
- 175g (¾ cup) Golden churn butter
- 175g (¾ cup) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 175g (1 ½ cups) self–raising flour
- 100g (⅔ cup) ground almonds
- A few drops of almond extract
- 225g (1 ¾ cups) raspberries
- 2 - 3 tbsp flaked almonds
Heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan). Grease a 20cm cake tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
Put all the ingredients, except the raspberries and almonds into a mixing bowl and beat well until smooth.
Gently stir in the raspberries.
Spoon into the tin and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the almonds.
Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden and risen and cooked through. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.